Monday, October 26, 2015

Falling into Fall


The fall season at the beach is a lot different than what up north

experiences. It's usually summer, like 90 degrees until October.

The palm trees don't change color and the desire to wear flannel,

boots, and scarves is pretty much not there unless you like to be

wrapped up in the humidity. But pumpkin spice lattes, apple crisp

candles, and the thought of it being fall somewhere is always nice.

Florida's fall is the one thing I do not like. I really enjoy the

leaves changing and hearing the cheers from the football stadium.

But I haven't had one of those in four years which is a long time.

It's my favorite time of year, well that and it being the season of

my birthday. October the best month of the year. This year is my

23rd birthday. Age twenty-three has no songs written, no special

adult thing happens or anything cool like that. But for me I think

it's a pretty special one. I think this next year of life is going to be

full of promise and blessing. The Lord has spoken of greatness

coming and I'm so ready to step into that. I know He gives good

gifts and His is the one I am waiting expectantly for.

So as I wait on the Lord, I want to share some more things that

are going on. September 27th started the kick off for our

Discipleship school (DTS) and the last three months of our first

School of Biblical Studies (SBS). The DTS has already seen some

amazing things happen. Students have been pouring out their

hearts, staff have been listening and encouraging more hearts

with stories of God in the nations and they seem eager to go into

the nations.

During the fall DTS my friend Kathleen and I have the privilege

of leading a time called "Focus on the Nations". During this time

we take an hour and a half of worship, prayer, and intercession.

The point of this time is to introduce students into the Fathers

heart for unreached nations, for people who have never heard the

Gospel. We make it fun and interactive so people are engaged and

willing to invest in hearing from the Lord. Our hope by the end of

the school is to have students see what the Father is doing in the

nations and at least one person has heard His call to inspire,

equipped, or GO! I am personally looking forward to what the Lord

will speak to each person this fall.

You all make such a difference in the lives of others by supporting me

to invest back into others. I've walked along side many people who've

heard the call to go and I've been an encouragement to their life in

carrying the Gospel to where it isn't. You don't get to see all that your

support does so I wanted to share a story of that fruit. A few years

ago I picked up a girl from Wisconsin at the airport that was coming

to do the School of frontier missions. I'd never met her but the

second we said hello I knew she was going to be a friend for life. She

had so much joy and love for people all around her.

Over the course of the next few months I watched as God put a

North African country on her heart. At the same time He was

speaking to me to go with her to visit different teams she could join.

So that February we both traveled into a foreign country with no idea

what to expect. We stayed for two weeks and after much prayer and

discussion she knew what team to join. For her that time was to

search for a home and mine was to support her in that.

A few months later we had decided what she should do and she

packed up her life and left for at least two years. Since then she has

learned Arabic, shared the Gospel through henna and has started

many studies with women who are seeking for more than what Islam

was giving them. She is an incredible women of faith and obedience

and I'm so glad God placed her in Jacksonville. She's been a part of

the workers that I take care of & what a joy it is.

That's the kind of fruit that you are giving into. It leads to changing

lives. And that's what God is leading me to. His kind and gentle love

impacts nations. It impacts people who change the world. Thanks for

your love.

Love you like crazy,

~Ansley~



IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ONLINE:

For one-time or recurring monthly gifts go to:

www.ywamjax.org/donate

click 'donate'

write my staff code:42620

in the comments/information box.

*ALL DONATIONS ARE TAXDEDUCTIBLE*

No comments:

Post a Comment